Tuesday 17 May 2011

Overwhelming amount of art to post

I have recently started taking photo images again. I started my career in photography, back then we were talking about film, with expensive results and more preparation for each photo. I went on to study other subjects and kept photography as a hobby. The cost became to high and eventually dwindled to few pictures here and there. Then the digital age came out, what an overwhelming amount of options. As time went on it was impossible to keep up with all the changes so I stuck to one style, I bought what was one of the best cameras in it's time and stuck to doing one thing well. I've never been a multiple shot kind of guy and take my pictures still to this day, one frame at a time one subject at a time and adjust my shutter and aperture as needed for each shot, thank goodness for autofocus in most cases. I manually adjust focus in still shots, to get exactly what I want to capture. Once upon a time it would have cost a little over $450.00 dollars to view my images for an event, todays cost, well nothing really, had to buy a computer and that's a whole other subject...lol

I have returned to what I've always loved best. My creative juices are flowing but someone is going to have to open the flood gates soon because I'm at my mental capacity and fear I will stop photography again due to being depressed over not being able to keep up with my brain and ideas. They are taking on a life of there own; as I'm blogging I'm thinking about what, where, when and how I'm going to present my next picture...it actually interferes with everything and I'm unable to shut it off. I used to have a mild case of OCD I also had a severe case of ADD, I still do and I'm struggling. It makes me sad that I can't focus on what my kids are saying or what my wife is doing to help me with my tasks. I know why I had asked my Mom "what?" every time she spoke to me. I heard her, I just couldn't process it. As an adult I have to physically and mentally prepare myself for when someone speaks to me, unless I'm already involved I can't just switch tasks....

Is this a good thing, well it's what makes me the best at everything I do. One thing at a time.

Thank you Laura for your support and patience, I love you more than you understand.

Stephan

No comments:

Post a Comment